OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I accidentally put an enema into my vagina instead of

Customer Question
I accidentally put an...

I accidentally put an enema into my vagina instead of rectum. This happened a little after i had a baby with major ppd. It has been a year. I went to obgyn after it happened and they noticed a lot of white discharge so much so they could not see to replace my iud. Gave me prescription and I’ve taken it like four times. Still i have a lot of discharge very sticky and stringy. I plan on going to obgyn again bc i was too embarrassed to tell them why i prob had the discharge

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the issue? In general, how has your health been lately?

About a year maybe less. My health has been okay. But i just noticed a big clot of bloody tinged discharge after i went to the bathroom

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No I’m a fairly healthy person

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: OB GYN
1/12/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. J, Board Certified OB/GYN replied 4 months ago
Dr. J
Dr. J, Board Certified OB/GYN

Hi there. Board-certified obgyn here.

I would definitely go see your doc again, as you're planning, because often times we can swab the discharge out of the way to visualize your cervix.

We normally have a little population of bacteria in the vagina, and anything that disrupts that environment (such as an enema) can cause bacterial imbalance which can lead to discharge. I would recommend taking efforts to re-balance the vaginal bacteria such as:

- Eating a cup of Activia yogurt per day. This is a good way to replenish the healthy bacteria in the vagina.

- No tub baths. Just showers, and let soapy water run over the area. Use an unscented Dove bar. No douches or feminine hygiene products as these can further disrupt the vaginal environment.

- Use unscented for sensitive skin laundry detergent

- Leave your underwear off at night to let oxygen circulate.

- No thong underwear or pants that are tightly fitted through the crotch.

And last but not least, do make sure you are up to date on your pap smear and pelvic exam.

Thank u

You're welcome!

If you're satisfied with the response received, please leave a rating by clicking the stars above. Thank you!

Dr. J
Dr. J
Dr. J, Board Certified OB/GYN