OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

Does my vagina look normal I’v uploaded 2 pictures on

picture I took in October...
Does my vagina look normal I’v uploaded 2 pictures on picture I took in October and the other one I took this year in January. I had chlamydia in October and got treatment for it why does my vaginal opening look weird what do Herpes or Genital warts look like
1/10/2018
Dr. Vakul Aren

Hello,I am Dr. Aren and I will help with your query.

https://www.medicinenet.com/image-collection/genital_warts_hpv_picture/picture.htm is an image of HPV warts.

Herpes does not cause warts,it causes ulcers and small vesicles in and around the vagina,labia and perineum.Your vagina appears normal in both the pictures,there is no evidence of any warts/disease in the photographs.Apparently it is anxiety which makes it look abnormal.Chlamydia will not change the shape or look of the vaginal opening.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Did you notice that the vagina looks entrance looks different in both the picture in OneNote picture it looks normal to me in the other it looks like I have extra skin. Reason why I panicked thinking I have warts or herpes even though I did have a retest after getting chlamydia treatment both a swab and several blood work which was all negative.

There is a little extra vaginal mucosa at 5 o clock ,but that does not make a difference.Since all your tests are also normal,you have nothing to worry about.

I hope I have done enough to deserve a 5 star rating,wishing you good health and a happy year ahead!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Even if I didn’t have any tests done that doesn’t look like herpes or warts?

Looks healthy and normal,no warts or herpetic lesion seen.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
THank you

Please rate my answer as 5 stars,thank you.

Dr. Vakul Aren
Dr. Vakul Aren
Dr. Vakul Aren
Dr. Vakul Aren, Doctor