OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a few lumps/hives around the lip of my vagina. they…

Customer Question
Is this a robot ...

Is this a robot

Doctor's Assistant: When was your last pap smear? Have you ever had an irregular pap?

I have a few lumps/hives around the lip of my vagina. they itch and you can feel a lump. Another one poped up todah

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the issue? In general, how has your health been lately?

Today*

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I noticed 2 lumps 3 days ago and another popped up today. I have myocarditis

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: OB GYN
I am not sexually active. And i don’t share razor and i have always used the same shower products.
1/10/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. J, Board Certified OB/GYN replied 3 months ago
Dr. J
Dr. J, Board Certified OB/GYN

Hi there. Board-certified obgyn here.

May I ask how old you are?

Have you ever been sexually active?

When was your most recent pelvic exam and pap smear?

I am 18, about to turn 19. I’ve never been to a OB GYN but my primary doctor had me a physical exam to looked at something that seemed to be a “gential wart” on the skin of my Labia. And then 4 days ago i developed Wells on my skin of my vagina that were very itchy.
I have not been sexually active in about a year or so.

Thank you. I have been away from my computer but I'm back now and hopefully I can be of assistance!

Genital warts can sometimes be itchy, but they tend to have a typical, "wart-y", cauliflower-like appearance growing up out of the skin. Did your primary care doc think you had warts?

Otherwise there are many reasons for itchy bumps on the vagina. A common one could be contact dermatitis, which is basically an allergic reaction to something that you are exposed to. Do you shave?

There was just one wart. and it wasn’t itchy. Nothing was itchy. I got it shaved off and removed. but a week after that i started to get ichy welps looking on my skin of my vagina and swollen. they are still there. And i shaved before getting my watt removed but since then i have not shaved because it’s been sensitive, and the welps still came up. i have no changed bathroom product any cleaning soaps. And they are still there and it getting better.

If your doc did a procedure on you to remove the wart and now you're having a reaction down there, I think they would want to hear from you, so they can check you out and make sure everything is OK.

What you're describing does not typically sound like genital warts - they don't typically arise very quickly, especially not after having one removed. It is more likely that you're having an allergic reaction to something (and we may never find out what you were sensitive to...it could have even been the soap they used to clean off before removing the wart). Of course the only way to know is to let your doc do an exam.

Just checking in to see if you had any further Qs for me.

If you are satisfied with the responses received please leave a rating by clicking the stars above. Thank you.

Dr. J
Dr. J
Dr. J, Board Certified OB/GYN