OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

My fiance and I have decided to begin an anr. I have started…

Customer Question
My fiance and I...

My fiance and I have decided to begin an anr. I have started inducing Lactation, and have questions as to whether or not I can get a prescription for Domperidone. I have a few other questions.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

I have not-

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have no meds

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: OB GYN
I last nursed in 2001-my youngest child. I have always had a few drops of milk left in my breasts. My breast are healthy, and I have yearly mammogram. I am an active 45 yr old woman and I am pumping while he is not able to nurse. He will be here for a week and then will be fine for a month trying to sell his home. I will have to pump and waste or save until he is back in March. We do have all of next week together.
1/10/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Camille-Mod,
 replied 6 months ago
Camille-Mod
I'm Camille and I'm a moderator for this topic. While I am not trying to discourage you from getting help from our Experts, I do want you to know that at this time we do not offer prescription service of any kind, nor can we offer Doctor's excuses or notes. Experts can not direct you to a specific Physician for any kind of treatment or services which includes requests for Doctors that can/will write certain medication prescriptions for you as this is handled on a case by case basis by the individual Physicians you may choose for your hands-on care.
Please let me know if you want to continue or cancel your question. I'm happy to further assist you.
Best,
Camille - Moderator
Thank you, ***** ***** that these dodo tots can not prescribe. My question was more if they thought my regular OBGYN or Any OBGYN for that matter would feel that Domperidone is acceptable for inducing. I know that there are online pharmacies that I can by from that are overseas, however, I wonder if it is illegal to ship that med to my front door? Perhaps if there are any doctors who know of someone who is an expert in relactatiin or inducing, they might be able to point me to that authority?
Oops!! That was a misspell- doctors! So sorry... honest mistake!
OB GYN Doctor: Camille-Mod,
 replied 6 months ago
Thanks for clarifying:-) I have opened your question to our Experts.
Best,
Camille-Moderator
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN replied 6 months ago
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN
Hello, and thank you for choosing Justanswer about your concern. I’m Dr. Ted Manos M.D., obgyn and I’ve never prescribed Domperidone to my patients. You would have to inquire looking for a gyn that would prescribe it. It’s not against the law to receive it in the mail. It has some side effects like nausea in some instances. It’s up to you whether to spend the money for the product via foreign sources. Thanks again for using Justanswer.