OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have what appears to be a wart on my mons pubis itvhas…

Customer Question
I have what appears...

I have what appears to be a wart on my mons pubis itvhas been there for a few months. i have another small bump coming up right below it but i have only had sex with 3 people ... i do have warts on my feet that have been there for a while do you think maybe its just part of the same virus or a completely different one?

Doctor's Assistant: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this? In general, how would you describe your overall health?

Yes it is my first time. my health is great

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

None that i can think of

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: OB GYN
1/9/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. J, Board Certified OB/GYN replied 6 months ago
Dr. J
Dr. J, Board Certified OB/GYN

Hi there. Board-certified obgyn here.

Even warts on the hands and feet can be related to a sexually-transmitted virus called HPV (human papillomavirus). It can be spread through any kind of direct contact, not just sexual contact.

When we think of warts on or near the genitals, what unfortunately immediately comes to mind is genital warts, which is caused by HPV spread through sexual contact.

I would recommend letting a doc take a look at you. Your family doc, obgyn, or local Planned Parenthood can help you. Screening for STDs is always a great idea once you've been sexually active, and pap smears are recommended at age 21 and up.

okay thank you

Just checking in to see if you had any further Qs for me.

If you are satisfied with the response received please leave a rating by clicking the stars above. Thank you!