OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

My cervix was injured On purpose by the pointed edge of a…

Customer Question
My cervix was injured...

My cervix was injured On purpose by the pointed edge of a plastic object. The pain was excruciating and after a couple of weeks started subsiding but then I did a workout and the pain came back like it had just happened. I went to the Dr. and they won’t believe me. Even though she did see a so called cyst on my cervix but I believe it’s the mark of the object that hurt me. Will this ever heal???

Doctor's Assistant: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

Time makes it slowly better

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: OB GYN
1/9/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 5 months ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD

Hi, Dr. Mo here with JA. Please let me review the information and I'll reply shortly.

What symptoms are you having from this injury now?

OB GYN Doctor: Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN replied 5 months ago
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN
Hello, and thank you for choosing Justanswer about your concern. I’m Ted Manos M.D., obgyn, and I can respond. Actually, if your cervix were damaged by the object, it wouldn’t hurt much. We biopsy the cervix all the time, and it hurts for a moment with the biopsy but that’s it. The cervix has many benign cysts that are smaller than a grape. I wonder if the object penetrated the upper reaches of the vaginal canal and maybe you have an abcess. You should have a transvaginal ultrasound to assess the situation.