OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I have double backed my pill as I have an important event on…

Customer Question
Hi I have double...

Hi I have double backed my pill as I have an important event on Friday, but have started spotting this morning. Is there any way to hold it off for another 3 days? I.E double up on the pill or do you think it will be better to take my weeks break and hope my period would have stopped byf riday?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?

What do you mean by that sorry?

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Know everything else is fine

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: OB GYN
1/9/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. K., MD replied 1 month ago
Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I looking forward to assisting you with your question and providing excellent service. It is almost impossible to adjust your menstrual cycle with only a few days to go. Your best bet is to take two pills a day through the weekend. This will be about 50/50 that you are bleeding on friday. If your normal period is only 3 days you can stop the pill and have it now, but I think thats not the best choice
Dr. K.
Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD