OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I had my period finished not long ago, last week.

Customer Question
Hello. My name is*****...

Hello. My name is***** had my period finished not long ago, last week. thursday-friday.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?

Yes, I always do. My period always happening for 7 days. It finished on Thursday last week, and two days ago, I had unprotected sex with my permanent partner, he never had anyone before me, so he is clean and I am not worried about anything serious but, At night I wasn't feeling anything and actually I was bleeding, just like a period bleed, not as heavy and not painful. Going to pee in the toilet also not painful. I think I made a big mistake. I took morning after pill quite many times. I was told that if I want to continue having unprotected sex then better to get a long term contraception. I am freaking out a bit because that never happened with me before. I believe it will end by itself in one more day and that is it.To an extent I am not looking forward to be pregnant because i am only 23 years old and my partner 22 this july

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I used to be on contraceptive pill before, called jeanine. It was prescribed by my gynaecologist ages ago for my hormonal imbalance. and actually it didn't help and I was bleeding for several months and I would like to be prescribed some good contraceptive pills that will regulate everything in my body

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: OB GYN
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Is there in any ways that I could arrange an actual appointment with the doctor?
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/8/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 3 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Hello Alisa,

This bleeding is likely to be nothing worrisome.

This is due to hormonal aberrations caused by morning after pill.

This in almost all instances resolve on its own.

If you you may get a blood tests for the hormones and an ultrasound for the evaluation.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Ok, but why the bleeding happened after unprotected seven though they had finished and also, I took it even though I had period.
would it just stop by itself?
unprotected sex , even that my period ended and I still experiencing that now.
Also how can I get prescribed long term contraceptive pills and from where, and is NHS in UK allowed to do so

Yes, it is likely to stop by itself.

Morning after pill is high dose of hormone. This shakes body hormones, which is here responsible for the bleeding again.

The bleeding between the period is called as intermenstrual bleeding or abnormal vaginal bleeding. Many times this resolves spontaneously and perhaps is due to minor hormonal aberrations or stress and anxiety related problem (mediated through body hormones). But if the abnormal vaginal bleeding persists, following causes should be considered;

1) Vaginitis; infection of the vagina. Usually some form of vaginal discharge accompanies or symptoms like vaginal pain during sex or itching associated.

2) Uterine fibroid

3) Uterine polyps

4) Endocervical polyp

5) Pelvic inflammatory disease

6) Cervicitis (cervix infection)

7) Endometritis; infection of the internal lining of uterus

8) Hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid)

9) Fluctuating hormone levels/

Following can detect/diagnose the cause;

1) A physical examination and speculum examination by the doctor

2) Ultrasound

3) Blood work for the hormones

4) Vaginal swab

5) Pap smear

Long term contraceptive pill is your right and can be prescribed by your primary care physician.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

Ok, that helps, but where and how can I get the full diagnose in UK, i am based in west midlands UK Birmingham.
Also I would like to get a full contraception pills long term.
also I am not registered with an GP in here because I do not know exactly where and how to register and which places are good enough here.
So far used to be going to
NHS but you got to wait for 2 hours to be assisted and normally they give you only antibiotics and prescription nothing more and nothing less
Is there any chance you can give me any sort of addresses or contacts where I can make an appointment with a doctor and get long term contraception pills.

I am not based in UK.

So I am not the best person to advice you about it.

If you are UK citizen, you are entitled for any and all health services free of cost, all your life.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

As a subscription customer you are not charged extra for providing a positive rating.

Just Answer is based on honor system. Experts are paid for time and expertise only when a positive rating is received.

Best wishes,

It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/

Stay blessed.

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor