OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

It hurts real bad when I try to use tampons or even try

Customer Question
It hurts real bad...

It hurts real bad when I try to use tampons or even try sexual intercourse so I was wondering is they a way the doctor could break my hymen so I could use tampons

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

Every time I’ve tried to have intercourse it really hurts or even tampons it hurts it gets worse when I keep trying

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nope that’s all

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: OB GYN
1/8/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 3 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What is your age?

Were you examined by your doctor?

17 and no

If hymen is the problem, it can be broken by the doctor. But usually a single penetration during sex breaks the hymen. So if there was penetration already; you need to look for the other causes of the pain during tampon insertion and sex.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Dr. C.
Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified