OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

Ive been having some problems in my female area. I don’t…

Customer Question
Ive been having some...

Ive been having some problems in my female area.

Doctor's Assistant: When was your last pap smear? Have you ever had an irregular pap?

I don’t believe so.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No not really.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: OB GYN
Just 2 days ago i was with my male friend and all we did was kiss and we were intimate but with our clothes on... if that makes sense. Anyways two days later i wasn’t using the bathroom and felt a burning sensation. there was a blister on the lip of my vagina and two small ulcer on my labia. i have no been sexually active for about 8 months and have had no symptoms since. May i add have had he tendency to wear tight clothing so maybe it could be friction but i’m not sure. in all conscience i also have been running fever but i could be coming down with something because i’ve been out and about in the cold weather.
1/7/2018
OB GYN Doctor: DocPhilMD, Doctor replied 3 months ago
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Have you been sexually active before with unprotected sex?

i have.

Ok.
I realize this is a very compromising thing to ask but do you have a picture of the blister?

I am worried about herpes

no i don’t. Its one blister that’s the size of a dime. its not a cluster of blisters it almost looks like a swollen circle that’s lifted from the surface of my skin. ive been putting Destin on it and now it’s starting to i guess open and scab over? i’m assuming. the ones on my labia look like ulcers but they’re small.

Ok. I'm nearly 100% sure this is herpes

How could i have gotten it? i just started having symptoms this week. Ive only been with one guy and we were together for a year. we’ve been seperate for months now. How would i know if it him who has it? i’m just very confused.
Could it of been from the guy i kissed?

No it would be from your prior unprotected sexual contact

herpes can lay dormant for months or years

not from kissing

are the blisters painful?

the blisters are. especially when i use the bathroom or they rub against my clothing. So my sexual partner had to of had it or it just develops on its own?

No your partner HAD to have had it

It is sexually transmitted

not possible any other way

the definitive way to test is to get a viral swab of one of the blisters done

I'm very sorry about this. I'm sorry you are having this much discomfort

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor