OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

My girlfriend was due to get her period on either December…

Customer Question
My girlfriend was due to...
My girlfriend was due to get her period on either December 31 or January 1st according to a period calculator. However she has irregular period. One month she will take 35 days. Another months it would be 36 or 37. One time it went past 40 days. Anyways she took 2 pregnancy test. One six days beforeher period on the 26th of December and one on the 2nd of January. Both of these test came back negative. She saying that her breast have gotten bigger and she’s been spotting brownish blood. This is a basic run down of what happen sexually. I had sex with my girlfriend while having a condom, and then I ejaculate inside of her with the condom onbut I also pull out as I’m ejaculating and then we decide to keep having sex after I finish ejaculating. I don’t wipe my penis. Or clean it or anything. i just took off the first condom and put on a brand new second one and kept having sex. Can my girlfriend get pregnant? When I touched my penis after removing the condom and then used the same hand to put on the second one would that increase the chances? Is it possible for her to get pregnant if the second condom was put down all the day for example if I was rushing and put on the second one 2/3 of the way down. Where only about an inch toward the base of the penis was not covered would that increase chances of pregnancy? She’s late on her period by almost a week.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: OB GYN
1/7/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 3 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

This is unlikely to cause pregnancy with your description.

Period delay does not pregnancy only.

Stress and anxiety and hormonal issues are the commonest cause of delay in period. Hormonal issues will cause breast changes too.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Is it possible for her to get pregnant if the second condom was not put down all the day for example if I was rushing and put on the second one 2/3 of the way down. Where only about an inch toward the base of the penis was not covered would that increase chances of pregnancy?

This is highly unlikely to cause pregnancy.

As a matter of fact there is no risk of pregnancy.

Great even if I ejacualted the first time? The semen wouldn’t travel down or reach the bottom of my penis

Yes, exactly.

And then you wore condom again even if it was covered partially only; that is protection.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Well it’s been more than a week since she was due to have her period last week and still hasn’t gotten it. She’s take a hormone pill that is suppose to keep her hormones in balance so she can take acutane
She’s taking a pill called spironolactone

Spironolactone can cause delay in period.

Her delay in period is due to to hormonal aberration.

I’m sorry too ask but what exactly are the side affects to this pill?

These are the side effect of it;

Rash

Urticaria

Gynecomastia

Impotence

Menstrual disorders

Abdominal cramping

Drowsiness

Lethargy

Headache

Nausea/vomiting

A positive 5 star rating would be highly appreciated.

my girlfriend isn't pregnant? It's the pills?

Yes.

What if she spotted last week but she got a negative result 6 days before her period on a test that would tell you if you’re pregnant 6 days before your period and then she got another negative result one day after she was suppose to get it

Negative result means that she is not pregnant.

she should be good with the two negative results she got. They where about a week apart one was 6 days before her schedule period and the second was a day after she was suppose to get it
she is good
This test here that she took 6 days before her period is a negative result correct?
The second one also came back negative which was a digital test

Yes, this is what we discussed that she is not pregnant.

It is privilege assisting you.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

As a subscription customer you are not charged extra for providing a positive rating.

Just Answer is based on honor system. Experts are paid for time and expertise only when a positive rating is received.

Best wishes,

It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/

Well she has taken 3 test all negative. It will be two weeks this Sunday/Monday. However she saying that she was spotting at the beginning of the month from the January 1st to the 4th. She’s worried she might be pregnant. Is it possible the test where a false negative? Furthermore if I live in Bell, CA 90201 is there anywhere I can take her to get a blood for free maybe too see if she’s pregnant because she’s worried about not getting her period and she said she hasn’t been feeling good. However she has been taking that medication I talked about earlier on this conversatio

Three negative tests are good enough to establish that she is not pregnancy. Further testing is not necessary.

None of these are false negative, which is rare in pregnancy test.

Understood what about the spotting
Spotting is due to hormones abnormalities.
What about if she said it was a brownish color? And would the pills she’s taking affect the outcome of the pregnancy test

Pills do not affect the pregnancy test.

Brownish color is not abnormal. It is due to uterine secretions.

what should she do now it’s been almost two weeks late on her period.

She has to wait for her normal period to come on its own.

she shouldn’t worry anymore

She shouldn't worry.

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor