OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

Can primolute n prevent pregnancy? Am actually fine

Customer Question
Can primolute n prevent...

Can primolute n prevent pregnancy?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?

No

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Am actually fine

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: OB GYN
1/6/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 4 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Primolut N is taken sometimes as contraceptive just before the sex. But the efficacy, safety and reliability is not exactly known. Please read this authentic reference link;

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21987939

Afr J Reprod Health. 2011 Mar;15(1):65-7.

A study of the use of Primolut N tablet as a contraceptive in the Kumasi metropolis of Ghana.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor