OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

My regular period took off November 6 and I had sex with one…

Customer Question
Second opinion] So my regular...
Second opinion] So my regular period took off November 6 and I had sex with one partner on the 9th then I had sex with someone else 11-12th he gave me a pill called Evital my ovulation date was November 15th then I had sex with the same person on the 26th of November & on the 29th when I was supposed to get my period I just spotted now I am pregnant how many weeks am I and who can be the father?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: OB GYN
1/5/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN replied 6 months ago
Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN

Hello and welcome. Let me ask you a few questions, and then I'll be able to help you better.

How regular are your periods, and how many days from the start of one to the start of the next?

How do you know that your ovulation date was November 15?

When did you have a positive pregnancy test?

When you say that your regular period took off November 6, does that mean it started that day? Thank you.

My period was a normal cycle, I got it nov 1-6 I know my ovulation date because I have a calendar

Assumiing a 28 day cycle, you would normally ovulate around November 14 with a first day of perod of November 1. That makes sex on November 11-12 the more likely time when you got pregnant.

An ovulation calendar is not a very accurate way of knowing when you ovulate, since it can vary.

Evital is considered not effective by the FDA for emergency contraception, so it was unlikely to prevent pregnancy.

When you get a little further along (middle of January), an ultrasound will be able to know better on which day you got pregnant. But it sounds likely that you got pregnnat by the second partner around November 11-12. Best wishes.