OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I had an encounter 25 years ago and have lots of late stage…

Customer Question
Hi I had an...

Hi I had an encounter 25 years ago and have lots of late stage symptoms now but test negative my wife who I am with for 14years also is negative could that be possible I have had had 3 negative 4th gen tests

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

I’ve seen drs and they are assuring me I don’t have hiv as my tests are negative

Doctor's Assistant: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this?

Yes

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

My blood count is normal my mri scan was normal just showed small lymph nodes in my groin

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: OB GYN
1/4/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 1 month ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Fourth generation cannot be wrong.

Another cause for your symptoms need to be investigated.

A lymph node biopsy may be performed.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have read that at late stage you loose antibodies and may give possible negative results

Your wife would have been positive in 14 years.

Fourth generation look for p24 too which is virus itself.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
there is no possibility that my symptoms are due to late stage hiv
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have the following symptoms dry mouth fatigue burning and pain in hips and groin burning in neck and shoulders gastritis and general weakness
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Could you please reply to my last question

None of these symptoms indicate late stage HIV. These are common for many diseases like pinched nerves in neck and back, anxiety, acid reflux, hormonal issues, vitamin B12 deficiency etc.

It is privilege assisting you. Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating. The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.Thank you.Wishing you all the very best in life.http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What about dark urine mouth ulcers and burning genitals and groin and heat sensation through body
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Basically you are saying hiv is not my problem

HIV is diagnosed by HIV test.

Test is negative. It rules out HIV.

Now your symptoms need thorough investigations like (to ascertain the cause);

Electromyography

Nerve conduction velocity study.

Color doppler study of groin, pelvis, abdomen.

MRI of spine.

Diseases cannot be diagnosed just by symptoms. They need investigative confirmation.

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor