OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I had ectopic pregnancy and had a tube removed september…

Customer Question
Hi i had ectopic...

Hi i had ectopic pregnancy and had a tube removed september 29th 2017. I had normal menstruation after that til december i missed my period. It has been a week since i missed my period and took a pregnancy test and came out positive. Is there a chance that i can still be pregnant or it can be something else ?

Doctor's Assistant: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?

No i am not in pain and my periods are regular

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No that would be all

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: OB GYN
1/4/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. J, Board Certified OB/GYN replied 6 months ago
Dr. J
Dr. J, Board Certified OB/GYN

Hi there. Board-certified obgyn here.

If your period is a week late and the pregnancy test is positive, sounds like you are pregnant. Even though one tube has been removed, your other tube continues to do its job, and thus pregnancy is still possible.

Just checking in to see if you had any further Qs.

If you are satisfied with the response received please leave a rating by clicking the stars above. Thank you.