OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

Sporadic shooting pain in right breast from underarm and…

Customer Question
Sporadic shooting pain in...

Sporadic shooting pain in right breast from underarm and scar tissue area with burning pain in nipple. Left breast less pain but feels heavy with some sensitivity in arm pit and arm area. I have arthritis popping when under arm and bone are massaged. Right breast has had a "blue dome" tumor removed which was benign. Left breast has had liquid removed with a needle. Last mammogram I was told to wait and after about 10 minutes I was released.

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

No swelling. Bending over seems to set the pain into motion such as leaning or bending forward. I thought perhaps this was eczema without the usual symptoms of itching or oozing which I had once on my breast but the Gold Bond Eczema cream hasn't helped. This began when I changed bath soaps on a visit about a month ago out of state.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Breast cancer runs in my family. I some sensitivity in the vagina area but tolerable.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: OB GYN
1/3/2018
OB GYN Doctor: DocPhilMD, Doctor replied 6 months ago
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

I'm sorry this is happening

how can I help?