OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I had my normal cycle Dec 21st - 26th. All of a sudden on…

Customer Question
I had my normal...

I had my normal cycle Dec 21st - 26th. All of a sudden on Dec 29th I started bleeding again like another cycle. My cramps have been really bad and heavy flow with cramps. If this was another cycle this should be my last day and I am cramping and still flowing heavy. I normally have two cycles within months with 31days because it switches over but there is normally 2 to e weeks between never have I had 3 days between. What could this be and should I be concerned

Doctor's Assistant: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?

Yes

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No I go to my ob every year and nothing has been abnormal

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: OB GYN
1/2/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Stan, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor

Hello, this is Dr. Stan, thank you for your question. I am U.S. trained,

Board Certified and I have 30 years of patient experience and I am here to help you today.

Any chance that you are pregnant? infection? What is your age? Do you take any medication?

Not pregnant and no infection. I am 37 and I am not on any kind of medication

May I suggest you re-visit your GYN and discuss hormone replacement. Having a period twice monthly is usually hormone related. You are 37, but it is possible that you are entering perimenopause and this would cause irregular periods. Until you see your GYN, apply warm moist heat to your pelvic area and take Aleve or Advil for the cramps.

I hope I have addressed your concerns.

Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have.

I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned your 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you.

I'm not understanding about hormone replacement. Every since I started having cycles at the age of 11 they have been this way. They are regular but months with 31 days would give me 2 cycles and switch from end of month to beginning of the month. My concern is that instead of the 2 to 3 weeks I would get in between this time it was 3 days. I made an appointment with my OB but I thought maybe this sight would give me a little more insight until I get to my appointment.
Dr Stan
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor