OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I have a strange discharge, it started off as a really

Customer Question
I have a strange...

I have a strange discharge, it started off as a really brown blood, I'm supposed to be starting my period, I have an iud, I just had a brown piece of what looks kinda like a scab come out..idk what to do

Doctor's Assistant: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?

Every month, I've had a lot of lower abdominal pain as well as cramping

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I don't think so

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: OB GYN
1/2/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor replied 1 month ago
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar

Welcome and thank you for the question.

- When did you get your last period? Are you generrally regular with your period?

- What sort of IUD do you have - a Mirena?

- Do you have any pain i the abdomen?

- Is there any smell to the discharge?

Dr. C.
Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified