OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I gave birth October 312017 and I had sex twice in November…

Customer Question
Hey, OK so I...

Hey, OK so I gave birth October 312017 and I had sex twice in November then my period came on December 1 and now I'm feeling sick throw up clear stuff and my period hasn't came on yet I've tooled 3 pregnancy test and they all say negative

Doctor's Assistant: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?

What does that mean

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I had my first period December 1,2017 and it hasn't came back on yet my lower back herts , and I'm having some pain in my pelvis area and feeling nauseous

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: OB GYN
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/1/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 6 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. I'm sorry to hear about your symptoms/. Actually, if your pregnancy tests are coming back negative that clearly means that you are NOT pregnant. Secondly, the presence of a period on the 1st of December also indicates that you did not get pregnant from the two episodes of sexual intercourse that you had in November.

Now the absence of a period can be due to another cause, the commonest here is that you could have developed a hormonal imbalance. This is a condition in which you can develop delayed periods or even early periods. In fact, it can also lead to excessive bleeding in many circumstances. This is a comm0n occurrence after giving birth or even in periods of stress or after exercise. It can also develop because of a viral or a bacterial infection anywhere in the body. Usually, the problem resolves itself within the space of a couple of months however if necessary it can also be treated with medications to reset the balance back to normal. A complete hormonal blood panel can diagnose the condition quite easily.

Another cause of this could be an infection in the pelvic region which can present with these symptoms and even without any discharge. A simple pelvic examination along with an ultrasound would be diagnostic in this condition.

I would suggest that If you don't get your period within the next week or so then get evaluated with a pelvic examination, but it is unlikely that you are pregnant.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going to the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Would you like to know anything else? Any clarifications or additional questions that you might have, i would be happy to answer them for you. If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating. Any BONUSES would be well appreciated!