OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

This friend of mine said when she used the bathroom & wiped…

Customer Question
This friend of mine...

This friend of mine said when she used the bathroom & wiped on right side of vagina inner lips seen this redness mark it burns when u touch it

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?

Just like two days ago & it hasn't got worst its tha same

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not really i had UTI often before & use to be on depo for 3 yrs

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: OB GYN
12/31/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 1 month ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank u

The most common cause of burning in this area is an infection of one of the hair follicles which get inflammed giving soreness and burning. I would recommend her to apply bacitracin ointment and see the response. It should get better in 3 to 4 days otherwise an examination is required to rule out any STD.

Unfortunately you can not get any prescription online and you need to see a doctor and get a thorough evaluation first to get a prescription as it is recommended and safe route for starting any new drug.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Could it be from wiping in that area too hard tho becuz it happened right after it was wiped with tissue

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, it can be due to wiping with a tissue. Like a friction or rug burn.

Hope this helps.
Please do leave a 5 star rating for the service.

Best wishes and a happy new year.

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor