OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I was prescribed clotrimazole for some rash and ingrown hair…

Customer Question
I was prescribed clotrimazole...

I was prescribed clotrimazole for some rash and ingrown hair that I have on my pubic area and near vagina. Today is my second day and it burns so much! I’ve been dealing with this for 2 months now and nothing is working! I’ve been diagnosed with a yeast infection and am taking oral medication for it. Please help nothing makes it feel better!

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the issue? In general, how has your health been lately?

2 months. I’m general it’s been good

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: OB GYN
12/31/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Hasan, Doctor replied 6 months ago
Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Are you using anything else with clotrimazole?

No just that as a cream. I’m taking a prescribed anti fungal medication also

Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. The burning can occur in such cases but don't worry , there is a solution to it. You should mix 1% hydrocortisone cream with clotrimazole and then apply it on the area. Lastly take over the counter available tablet claritin once daily for five days. Hopefully the problem will resolve. If burning persist then see your doctor and ask him to change the cream. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service but if you have received anything less than that, please ask anything you want. Your excellent feedback is requested and will be appreciated. Regards