OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

My husband and I miscarried our first baby at 7 weeks on…

Customer Question
My husband and...

My husband and I miscarried our first baby at 7 weeks on June 10-2017. I bleed for a month long after that and now my cycle only lasts 2 days and we're still not expecting yet

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

No I haven't. After the miscarriage they drew my blood allot waiting for my counts to go back down. And it did but they wanted me to follow up 2 more times and I didn't . My husband was very sensitive and forbid them from continuing to draw my blood. Not on any medication. No birth control ever. No prenatal nothing. This month it came Dec 26-29. I was cramping allot on the 26 and passed tissue but not as much on June 10. I've actually noticed that I've continued to pass tissue for a day or two every cycle since

Doctor's Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?

I'm healthy feel like I gained 15 pounds too many since June. My stress level is dangerously high if you ask me. I work over night in the ER and I bring that stress home. And this is a new environment for me. I moved up from the South to up North. I have neglected my health I believe.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have no known medical illness. No operations nothing. I had 2 healthy pregnancies prior. My son is 7 and my daughter is 4. No complications and vaginal delivery

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: OB GYN
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/31/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN replied 3 months ago
Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN

How old are you?

How regular are your periods since the miscarriage?

Since you've never used any birth control, did it take 3-4 years aeach time previously to get pregnant?

Do you know whether you're ovulating? Thank you.

Dr. C.
Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified