OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

How can I get norethisterone in the us? Last pap was 3

Customer Question
How can I get...

How can I get norethisterone in the us?

Doctor's Assistant: When was your last pap smear? Have you ever had an irregular pap?

Last pap was 3 months ago. Paps have always been normal.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: OB GYN
12/31/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. J, Board Certified OB/GYN replied 7 months ago
Dr. J
Dr. J, Board Certified OB/GYN

Hi there. Board-certified obgyn here. Norethisterone (also known as norethindrone in the US) is available by prescription only. It is inexpensive, but as I said it has to be prescribed to you. Your family doc, obgyn, urgent care doc, or local Planned Parenthood can prescribe it for you. (Whoever did your pap smear can call it in for you)

all I have to do is go to an urgent care doctor and ask them to prescribe norethisterone for me?

Yes but honestly a visit to a regular doc, obgyn, or to Planned Parenthood would cost much less than a visit to Urgent Care.

Just checking in to see if you had any further Qs for me. If you are satisfied with the response received please leave a rating by clicking the stars above. Thank you!