OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a swollen & tender lump below the opening of my

Customer Question
I have a swollen...

I have a swollen & tender lump below the opening of my vagina, very close to my anus? Are there lymph nodes in that area? Should I be concerned?

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

No recent injuries. I noticed it last night. I had been tender all day so I investigated and felt the lump. It seems rather large. Its the first time I’ve ever felt anything like this.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I had a partial hysterectomy last year, left one ovary.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: OB GYN
12/30/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr David, Doctor replied 6 months ago
Dr David
Dr David, Doctor

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

it is more likely the swollen tender lump is due to a blocked gland, like a bartholin's gland or anal hemorrhoid

or an ingrown hair follicle in the perineum area.

I doubt it is due to a lymph node

how old are you?

you may need to sit on ice packs or heating pads to heal

you may need a course of antibiotics to help an infection.

I’m 38. Are there lymph nodes in that area? I thought they were only in the groin area.

we have lymph nodes all over our body and skins

but I doubt it is a lymph node there swelling up.

Thank you. I appreciate your help.

you are welcome

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com