OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

My daughter takes birth control. She just went and got her…

Customer Question
My daughter takes birth...

My daughter takes birth control. She just went and got her prescription and it is a genetic for her birth control, she has taken it before and it makes her hair fall out. She is suppose to start it tomorrow, what should she do

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

She only takes birth controll

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: OB GYN
12/30/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr David, Doctor replied 6 months ago
Dr David
Dr David, Doctor

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

how old is she?

what birth control pills don't cause her hair to fall out?

does she have to take the birth control pills now? is she sexually active?

She is 24.
She does take birth control, this is a refill.I am not sure what the name is, she is a student in Chicago and I am asking for her
The one she needs is Azurette and they gave her the genetic for this.

if this is a refill, then she should be fine

most likely it is not the birth control pill causing her to loose her hair

she should see her doctor and do more testing of her iron, thyroid levels, vitamin D, ferritin, B12 levels and complete blood tests to check for causes for hair loss.

it is normal for all of use to loose some of our hair and regrow new hair

generic birth control pills shouldn't be causing her hair loss

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Thank you

you are welcome

do you have other questions?

do you see the ratings area?

thanks for using JustAnswer.com