OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

HAD A PAP SMEAR SCREENING,WHEN GOT LAB CHARGES BACK IT

Customer Question
HAD A PAP SMEAR...

HAD A PAP SMEAR SCREENING,WHEN GOT LAB CHARGES BACK IT SHOWED THEY CHECKED:CHYLMD TRACH DNA PROBE & N. GONORRHOEAE DNA AMP PROBE. IS THIS COMMON FOR PAP SMEAR SCREENING

Doctor's Assistant: When was your last pap smear? Have you ever had an irregular pap?

SEVERAL YEARS AGO NO IRREGULAR PAP

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: OB GYN
12/30/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. K., MD replied 1 month ago
Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I looking forward to assisting you with your question and providing excellent service. The Pap smear itself does not include chlamydia or gc testing. It is a separate swab and is a dna probe. Many drs or clinics screen all women in a certain age range. Here are the cdc recommended guidelines for screening
https://www.cdc.gov/std/tg2015/screening-recommendations.htm
Dr. K.
Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD