OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

Dr Juran, Trust you are doing well and enjoying the festive…

Customer Question
Good Evening Dr Juran,Trust you...
Good Evening Dr Juran,Trust you are doing well and enjoying the festive season.I wanted to give you an update on the last email I sent you . Im not sure if you can read or recall my case.But if you did recall my case, I did a second D&C and hysteroscopie few days ago after my last one 3 month ago and my doctor got the report today and seems positive for me to go ahead and plan to have more kids etc...I am attaching the report as I would like your view as well and opinion on the case. I would also appreciate if I understand better the first statement ‘fragment polypoid etc...’ does it mean they found a polyp?Thank you
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: OB GYN
12/29/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. K., MD replied 1 month ago
Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I looking forward to assisting you with your question and providing excellent service. No it does not mean there was a polyp. The report notes polyploid fragments which is normal structure of a d and c specimen.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Dr K,Thank you for your feedback. What is now the normal procedure to do a check up?
A check up for what?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Well the case is that back in May I removed a polyp and they found out through the biopsie I had a focal simple atypia in the endometriosis
The doctor at the time suggested to have a IUD Mirena on which I did. I did a biopsie and found out that their was more atypic cells
I called a doctor back home and he told me that it may be that initially it wasnt cleaned properly and required a D&C and hysteroscopie which i did. The result came perfectly normal with no sign of atypic. I removed the iud and the doctor did another hysteroscopy and d and c last week as a follow up to ensure that all is good before I decide to fall pregnant and my results are good. I shared it with youMy question now is should i have a follow up biopsie every 3 to 6 month if the atypia cell comes back
What is the normal procedure?thank you
Followup is a biopsy every 3 months for a year. If you have one more biopsy in 3 months you should be fine
Dr. K.
Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD