OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

My daughter had an abdominal hysterectomy weeks ago on Dec.

Customer Question
My daughter had an...

My daughter had an abdominal hysterectomy weeks ago on Dec. 14th for uterine fibroids. She has been admitted twice for ascites and blockage of the ilius. She had a NG tube in for several days, was sent home and readmitted a day later with pain and bloating. They have put another small drainage tube in pelvis which is draining. Whenever she eats or drinks, she has pain and bloating. I'm 400 miles away and I don't understand what is going on, can you help?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

Fruskt

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Has GERD, otherwise keeps in shape and in good health.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: OB GYN
12/29/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. K., MD replied 7 months ago
Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I looking forward to assisting you with your question and providing excellent service. This is not a common complication of surgery. Was there malignancy? It sounds like a bowel obstruction.