OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have had my period twice this month. it has never happened…

Customer Question
Hello, i have had...

Hello, i have had my period twice this month. it has never happened to me before is this normal ?

Doctor's Assistant: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?

I normally have my period on the 13th of every month and it was right on time and it was lighter since iv been taking the pill. im not in any pain on my second one, which started on the 27th. is this normal ? it is 100% my period and not spotting, why would i have gotten it twice? should i be worried ? I can't be pregnant can i ? i have already taken a home pregnancy test and that said i wasn't

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No nothing else in my medical history i am aware of

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: OB GYN
12/29/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Hello!

My name is***** to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks

Well, it is not normal to have periods, twice in a month.

I would first make clear that, This is not related with pregnancy.

Possible reasons are-

-Hormonal imbalance

-Uterine fibroids,

-Polyp,

-A growth in the uterus or cervix.

Blood work to check hormone levels, is necessary for diagnosis. Hormonal imbalance is the most common cause with such symptoms and can be managed with medications.

Most likely, Hormonal imbalance is the cause.

Once cause is evaluated, you would be advised management accordingly. It would not be easy to jump for a precise diagnosis, without clinical evaluation and tests.

In my opinion you would need a Pelvic examination to assess the condition of the cervix and investigations like TVS Ultrasound for further evaluation.

Please consult your doctor for clinical checkup and get appropriate management.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

May i help you further?

Do you need more help?

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh