OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have 2 dots underneath the hood of my clitoris. Is there…

Customer Question
I have 2 white...

I have 2 white dots underneath the hood of my clitoris. Is there any way you can tell me what it is?

Doctor's Assistant: When was your last pap smear? Have you ever had an irregular pap?

I have never had a pap before

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No not really

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: OB GYN
12/29/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. J, Board Certified OB/GYN replied 3 months ago
Dr. J
Dr. J, Board Certified OB/GYN

Hi there. Board-certified obgyn here.

It's tough to diagnose anything over the computer without doing an exam, but maybe if you describe it more, we can help narrow things down.

Are they painful at all?

How big are they:
How long have they been there?

Are you up to date on your pap smear? Have you had recent STD testing?

They are probably the size a pin head. They aren’t painful unless I am messing with them. They have been there for probably about a month. I haven’t had a pap or an std testing ever

How old are you? Have you ever been sexually active?

How did you discover them? Did you happen to feel them while bathing or were they bothering you?

I am 17 and yes I am sexually active. I discovered them while taking a bath, they don’t bother me at all

Thank you.

2 painless little bumps the size of pinheads do not particularly sound off any alarms for me for anything bad.

We have many things called "glands" at our vaginal opening and around our clitoris. These are clusters of cells that produce our natural secretions. If the opening of a gland gets blocked off, you can get a little buildup of that waxy secretion under the surface of the skin (like a little bump). These may come and go but if they're not bothering you, it doesn't sound like anything to worry about.

Now that all being said, when someone is sexually active, I do typically recommend that they go get it looked at just to make sure there's nothing bad or infectious going on. Again, this sounds totally innocent from what you're describing, but it is impossible to know for sure without having an exam. So I do recommend that you go have an exam. Your pediatrician take a look at you, or your family doc, or an ob/gyn, or your local Planned Parenthood.

Would I be able to send you a picture so you can get a better idea?

You are welcome to do that if you wish but I cannot promise I can make a diagnosis through a photo.

It will be confidential correct?

And to be honest I do not know the rules of the site and you are technically a minor so I'm not even sure if it is legal for you to send a pic.

Am I able to send it?

I am not comfortable with a minor sending a picture like that even for medical reasons. I'm afraid I'll have to opt out of this conversation and notify customer service. I apologize, however I do not wish for any legal trouble for anyone.

Ok, thank you
Dr. J
Dr. J
Dr. J, Board Certified OB/GYN