OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have been feeling bloated, gained some weight, I had my…

Customer Question
I have been feeling bloated...
I have been feeling bloated, gained some weight, I had my period December 15, cramps, I stool and I feel gasy slot , excess saliva keeps forming in my mouth. I took pregnancy test twice and it says negative. My mum says it cuz I take too much sugar . My mum gave me antibiotics and Lonart and I have been feeling so dizzy
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: OB GYN
12/28/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. J, Board Certified OB/GYN replied 3 months ago
Dr. J
Dr. J, Board Certified OB/GYN

Hi there. Board-certified obgyn here.

If your last period started 13 days ago on Dec 15, it would be nearly impossible for you to be pregnant right now. There are many reasons to be feeling dizzy but it is not likely to be related to pregnancy. Excess sugar intake can cause weight gain, bloating, cramping etc. You could try cutting out processed sugars (anything sweet or processed) and drinking only water (instead of soda or sugary beverages) to see if you feel better. Get some rest too. If you're still feeling lousy in a few days, you may need to call your doc to let them take a look at you.

Yea cuz I took pregnancy test 2 days ago and one yesterday and it was negative. My last period was like either 15th or 16th of December. What do you think the problem could be?

It's impossible to know what's going on without examining you, unfortunately. I'm unsure about other countries but here in the US it is flu season. There are also many other viruses that can cause one to feel rundown, dizzy, etc. Again it could also be related to your diet.

I shouldn't rely on pregnancy test? Cuz I took them and they both said negative.

Again if you just had a period that started 13 or 14 days, it would be nearly impossible for you to be pregnant right now, unless you just happened to get pregnant today. And if you did just get pregnant today, it will be at least 2 weeks before a urine pregnancy would turn positive.

Okay thank you!

You are most welcome. I hope you feel better soon.

If you are satisfied with the responses provided, please leave a rating by clicking the stars above. Thank you!

Hi! So I went to see the doctor he said abdominal pain and indigestion. He gave me an antiacid to take. Then he made me do a stool sample. He asked if there was mucus or blood in my stool and I said no. I pick stool results on Tuesday. My stool wasn't watery it was a bit hard time. He said all I have is indigestion. What is the essence of stool sample?

The stool sample is to make sure that you have no parasites causing an infection in your bowels. A parasite infection could cause some of your symptoms (although with hard stools this is unlikely).

Thank you! What do you think is cause of hard stools?

Not drinking enough water (we're supposed to have about 8 glasses of water per day) and/or not getting enough fiber in our diet. Here is a list of ways to naturally increase fiber in your diet.

Dr. J
Dr. J
Dr. J, Board Certified OB/GYN