OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have had vaginal itching for over 2 years and keep getting…

Customer Question
I have had vaginal...

I have had vaginal itching for over 2 years and keep getting refills on the 2 different creams prescribed with no change or relief. My primary doctor is a man so I went to an urgent care today where there was a women and was told to get a referral to a gyno/obgyn right away because she thought I had vulva cancer. I was married to a man for 20 yrs living a double life as a gay man and I did get std's 4 times and was so naïve I thought they were yeast infections. My doctor sat me down to tell me they can give you cancer years later with little sores up inside so I talked to my husband and that was what was going on and we used no birth control because we had two daughters so I had an hysterectomy. My ex is now married to a man though I am still single but scared now. What should I do and what do you think and what causes vulva cancer..??

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

You know I really do not have pain just horrible itching inside and outside the vagina everywhere and the urgent care doctor said after examining me is the lips are very irritated and swollen and hard.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: OB GYN
12/28/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. K., MD replied 3 months ago
Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I looking forward to assisting you with your question and providing excellent service. Vulvar cancer is caused by exposure to hpv virus. You should see a gyn dr and have a bippsy to be sure this is not the case. Vulvar cancer usually starts as a sore that grows and does not heal.
Dr. K.
Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD