OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have been taking Duromine for 15 days and I also take the…

Customer Question
Hello, I have been...

Hello, I have been taking Duromine for 15 days and I also take the mini pill loette. I finished my last period 16 days ago and have been taking active pills again for 14 days. 4 days ago I started getting my period again (starting with dark brown stringy blood followed by heavy bleeding and clots and now medium-light bright red blood). I am very concerned that I have had another full period so soon after my last one.

Doctor's Assistant: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?

I'm on the contraceptive pill, so I normally only get my periods when I stop taking the active pills (every 6 weeks on dr's advice). I'm not in any pain, I never get period pain. I don't have endometriosis or PCO.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I also take 175mg thyroxine and 150mg Karvea

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: OB GYN
12/28/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr David, Doctor replied 3 months ago
Dr David
Dr David, Doctor

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

when was the last time you had your thyroid hormone levels checked?

high thyroid hormone levels or hyperthyroidism can cause your periods to be more frequent and for your bleeding to be heavier.

you may need blood testing to check your iron levels and anemia as well

let me know if you have questions.

Last thyroid test results were two weeks ago and they were perfect after we adjusted my medication in the preceding 3 months.

affects of other women on your body from their hormones can also change your periods as well.

that is good your thyroid hormone levels have been normal.

Dr David
Dr David
Dr David, Doctor