OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

Is Emuaid safe to use for vaginal inflammation? It is

Customer Question
Argentum Metallicum....,topical antiseptic/analgesic/anti inflammatory/ anti-bacterial/anti-fungal...inactive...
Is Emuaid safe to use for vaginal inflammation? It is Argentum Metallicum....,topical antiseptic/analgesic/anti inflammatory/ anti-bacterial/anti-fungal...inactive ingredients: allantoin,bacillius fement,ceramide3,emu oil,euphorbia cerifera,glyeryl bhenenate,hydrogenated castor oil,lysinehc1,tea tree oil,fruit oil,phyosphingosine.silver citrate,squalane,tocopheryl acetate,tribehenin,vegetable oil. I have no discharge or ordor, but inflamed and itchy...did the spit test and it did not float..yeast infection without odor or discharge...is emuaid safe for me to use...I am 78 and on thyroid meds and clonazepam...
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: OB GYN
12/27/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. K., MD replied 5 months ago
Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I looking forward to assisting you with your question and providing excellent service. NOOOOOOOOO. This should not be used in the vaginal area at all dry allergenic. This sounds like an atypical yeast infection. It is best treated with over the counter ticonazole. This will target resistant yeast. Brand name is ***** *****
Do I have to put it in my vagina? I did not see vagistat one on store shelf just monistat and that I had to put up in my vagina and cannot do so as have arthritis in hands...can the vagistat be put in with fingers and/or just put on the outside like a cream?
is there a cream I could use as applicator won't work for me...
A cream on the outside will not cure the infection at all. It must be applied internally. The vagistat one is an easy applicator and is only a one time dose
thank you...
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. K., MD replied 4 months ago
You’re welcome. Maybe someone can assist you?
Dr. K.
Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD