OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a lump that just formed on the left side of my labia.

Customer Question
Hello there. I have...

Hello there. I have a lump that just formed on the left side of my labia. It hurts to sit. What could it be?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

Since this past Saturday. Sorry I was thinking.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

It hurts to sit. No, I am married for over 21 years to the same man. And have 2 teenage sons.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: OB GYN
12/27/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 6 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Hello!

My name is***** to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks

Dear,

Thanks for staying online.

I am posting my answer below-

Well, It sounds to be cyst or folliculitis.

Such cyst, may arise from blocked skin gland.

It can also be due to- Bartholin's cyst, this is also called a Bartholin's duct cyst, which is a small fluid-filled sac.

You can firstly soak the affected part in warm water several times a day for three or four days and start taking over-the-counter painkillers like Motrin.

Red inflamed and painful cyst could be indicative of infection. A course of antibiotics should be given.

If symptoms doesn’t improve than , the cyst can be drained. Most of these treatments involve a minor surgical procedure.

Please don't delay and see your doctor at the earliest for clinical evaluation and get this issue managed.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

May i help you further?

Do you need more help?

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going.

Do you need further assistance?

I am ONLINE for your help.

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me.I am happy to help you.

If you are done,then please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh