OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

Im worried. My hcg levels came back atthat’s extremely high.

Customer Question
Im worried. My hcg...

Im worried. My hcg levels came back at(###) ###-####that’s extremely high. On 12/15/2017 hospital stated I was measuring 14 weeks and baby and everything looked healthy

Doctor's Assistant: When was your last pap smear? Have you ever had an irregular pap?

No. They did one 12/15/2017 came back normal

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have had 4 healthy babies. Dr said I have overactive thyroid issue but that’s it. Everything else is normal. But that hcg level is not good right?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: OB GYN
12/27/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Pravin, Physician replied 6 months ago
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Physician

Hello

Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Medicine specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

If everything as come normal on the sonography and pap smear then there is nothing to worry.

Common causes of such high levels are .

Hydatidiform Mole which is a growth of the part of uterus. This type of mole forms when tissue that should form part of your placenta develops in excessive amounts

Other symptoms include vaginal bleeding during your first three months of pregnancy; severe nausea and vomiting; abnormally excessive or low growth of your uterus; and symptoms of abnormally high thyroid function such as rapid heartbeat, restlessness and heat intolerance.

If you do not have any of the above symptoms then do not worry

It can be due to thyroid tissue activity.

Please do let me know if you have any further queries.

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic