OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I believe a may have a prolapsing uterus. The past couple…

Customer Question
I believe a may...

I believe a may have a prolapsing uterus. The past couple days on and off, urinating has been sporadic. Last night I could feel a slight bulge by my vagina. I looked with a mirror and saw that it appeared what I think was my uterus slightly showing thru my vagina. I will call my gynecologist tomorrow. Is it imperative at take action today? It is Christmas and have plans with family. Would like to put this off. Have not had issues before this.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the issue? In general, how has your health been lately?

I would say maybe two weeks

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No. I am very healthy.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: OB GYN
12/25/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Vakul Aren, Doctor replied 3 months ago
Dr. Vakul Aren

Hello,I am Dr. Aren and I will help with your query.It is not an emergency,and you can put it off till you can see your Gynaecologist after Christmas.If it is protruding through the vagina,please use a sanitary napkin ,do not lift anything heavy.Avoid strenuous activity.It would be best to have a peaceful christmas and worry about this later.Wishing you a merry Christmas and good health.Your doctor will decide whether you need immediate intevention or will a support pessary help out .

Dr. Vakul Aren
Dr. Vakul Aren
Dr. Vakul Aren, Doctor