OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

My clitoris is very itchy and it burns a bit. What can I…

Customer Question
Hi my clitoris is...

Hi my clitoris is very itchy and it burns a bit. What can I use?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?

It started yesterday and I but a cold rag and it stopped for a while but it still feels inflamed

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No just that

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: OB GYN
12/24/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor replied 6 months ago
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar

Welcome and thank you for the question.

Itchy and inflamed clitoris can be due to an infection or due to an allergic reaction .

Please use Monistat ointment, available without a prescription twice a day. Also use Vagisil ointment once a day to decrease the burning. Vagisil is also available without a prescription.

If the itching and burning continues after 2 days, please consult a doctor for an examination. You could have a STD known as trichomoniasis.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you.