OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

For the past three weeks I've been having strange abdominal…

Customer Question
Hello, for the past...

Hello, for the past three weeks I've been having strange abdominal pain and a pressure on the left side. This also comes with irregular periods, which could be due to my birth control. I've taken several pregnancy tests, which are all negative, but I am extremely worried.

Doctor's Assistant: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?

The pain comes and goes and is also very mild. I had my period for the first time since September, but it was very light and short

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No, I am very healthy and have never had an issue like this before

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: OB GYN
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/24/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 2 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The symptoms you have described of having strange abdominal pain and a pressure on the left side since last 3 weeks along with history of irregular periods can be due to various causes like:diverticulitis, colonic infection or inflammation of the colon,mal absorption syndrome,(MAS),irritable bowel syndrome(IBS).

Other causes are:imbalance of hormones,polycystic ovarian syndrome/estrogen dominance,uterine abnormalities (fibroids/cysts/polyps/endometriosis).

A pelvic exam is required to rule out any uterine abnormality, a cervical polyp or fibroid, or a uterine infection.Also you need an ultrasound to evaluate the uterus, the ovaries and the fallopian tubes.

There does not seem to be anything serious or dangerous here.Please do not worry.

So my best advise for you is to please make an appointment with your doctor to have the tests & examination done so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Do you have any other follow up question?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor