OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

Well, Ive had my period 2 or 3 times this month. But I know…

Customer Question
Well, Ive had my...

Well, Ive had my period 2 or 3 times this month

Doctor's Assistant: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?

No, but I know for sure I had it the first week of december & Im on it now

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Its a lot of blood, its making me dizzy, I have severe cramps and I usually use tampons but when I use a super tampon now, it runs right through within the next 30 mins

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: OB GYN
12/23/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 6 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Also, when I press down on my lower stomach area, It feels as if its swollen or

I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

I am sorry, I cannot phone you but we can continue this chat.

Following can be the causes of your bleeding multiple time / recurrent period:

1) Fibroids and polyps of uterus

2) Endometrial hyperplasia; due to high estrogen.

3) Bleeding disorders.

4) Hyperinsulinemia

5) Both hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism

6) High prolactin

7) Coagulation disorders.

8) Infections.

You may need following investigations for diagnosing the cause:

Pelvic ultrasonography

Sonohysterography (saline-infusion sonography)

Pap smear

Hysteroscopy

Endometrial biopsy

Complete blood count (CBC)

Total iron-binding capacity

Human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG)

Thyroid function tests

Prolactin level

Liver function tests

Kidney function tests

Hormone assays; Luteinizing hormone, follicle-stimulating hormone and androgen.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Okay, did you receive my last message? Why does the inside of my stomach feel swollen

Inside of the stomach can be swollen due to;

1) Pelvic inflammatory disease

2) Hormonal aberrations

3) Fibroid uterus.

These all can be responsible for the multiple / recurrent periods.

It is privilege assisting you.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Merry Christmas.

Happy Holidays.