OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I currently am on birth control, and on the 7th day of

Customer Question
I currently am on...

I currently am on birth control, and on the 7th day of starting birth control ( Dec. 3) I had sex with my boyfriend and the condom broke. I took next choice within the 72 hours ( on dec. 5 at 1 pm) and have taken my birth control pill since. Ive had light cramping in the lower abdomen area where it feels like there is a blood buildup since i took the morning after pill. Can i be pregannt

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

Just birth control and thats it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: OB GYN
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/23/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

There is very slim chance of pregnancy here.

When starting birth control pills, it will usually take 7-14 days for the pill to become effective at preventing pregnancy.

As you took emergency contraception within 72 hours -this will be quite effective.

The light cramping in the lower abdomen area where it feels like there is a blood buildup you are having is because of side effect of morning after pill which is very common & usual.

So bot***** *****ne is that there is nothing to worry.Please wait & watch.It may take few days time for your symptoms to subside.

Chances of pregnancy here are very slim (almost nil) chance.

Nothing to worry.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Do you have any other follow up question?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Just checking in to see how things are going.

Do you need further assistance?Is there anything else that you would like to know?

I am online & is waiting for your reply.

Please do reply.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

I have seen that you have not rated my answer so far.Please leave positive rating above the chat box. However if you still have any questions,please let me know..I am happy to address your follow-up questions.Please do not forget to leave positive rating (3 or more stars).

Thank you.

God bless you & take care.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh