OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I feel like i am looking at my cervix when i checked myself…

Customer Question
Hi, my name is...

Hi, my name is ***** ***** feel like i am looking at my cervix when i checked myself last night.

Doctor's Assistant: When was your last pap smear? Have you ever had an irregular pap?

I have never had a pap smear ever.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: OB GYN
12/22/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. J, Board Certified OB/GYN replied 5 months ago
Dr. J
Dr. J, Board Certified OB/GYN

Hi there! Board-certified obgyn here.

Your cervix is located high up at the top of the vagina (which is a long canal, about 8 cm or so long). It would be really hard to see it unless something was wrong. It is possible to feel it though - feels like a smooth nub all the way up at the top of the vagina.

Just checking in to see if you had any further Qs.

If you are satisfied with the response provided please leave a rating by clicking the stars above. Thank you!

Dr. J
Dr. J
Dr. J, Board Certified OB/GYN