OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I had a D&C a month ago at my 2 week the dr said my cervix…

I had a D&C...

I had a D&C a month ago at my 2 week the dr said my cervix has closed I had started to bleed more heavily although it was not like a regular period. 3 days later I had a night where I was bleeding so much I couldn’t sleep, lots of clots. I had the same thing happen 2 weeks later. No fever no chills no bad smelling discharge. Because I don’t have health insurance and I’m traveling the doctors scheduled me for an ultrasound Jan 11th. I’m just worried that my fertility is at risk.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?

Just what I’ve told you. I had the D&C to terminate a pregnancy. I’ve been suffering PTSD from that and not sleeping. So maybe my healing has been delayed but that. Also they put me on ZOLOFT a week ago right afterwards I had the heavy night of bleeding which can be a rare side effect. I’ve since stopped and the bleeding has returned to more like spotting although it Is say more like bloody discharge than liquid blood.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I was 11 weeks at my termination.

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/21/2017
Dr David
Dr David, Doctor

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry you had to terminate a pregnancy

it sounds like you are dealing with a lot right now.

you have to give the zoloft time to work to help decrease anxiety symptoms.

it can take 4-6 weeks for zoloft to start to work.

try not to stress about your fertility.

your fertility is not at risk

Even with all the bleeding? I’m worried that I have a perforated uterus or products from conception left. Would either of those impact future fertility? I’m 30, so I’d like to have a baby relatively soon.I know the ZOLOFT takes time but the bleeding was concerning so I stopped taking it. Being at home with my parents has helped me start sleeping and reduced the anxiety.
No need to call. Just curious if either of things perforated uterus or remaining tissue cause infertility. Or if bleeding for over a month post D&C happens from time to time.

if you had a lot of bleeding, the uterus would not be perforated

and you would not have products of conception left in the uterus if the cervix was closed.

you don't have to worry

get the uterine ultrasound.

I bet you will be fine.

you should continue to take the zoloft.

bleeding for over a month after a D&C happens quite often.

you don't have to worry

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr David
Dr David, Doctor
Thank you!

thanks for the positive feedback.