OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have this spot on my right inner thigh/ cheek close to the…

Customer Question
I have this spot on...
I have this spot on my right inner thigh/butt cheek close to the vagina opening that I thought was a mole but it’s grown & is now purple, and less than an inch away from that I discovered a patch of little white itchy bumps, some of the bumps are red. There are a few red & white bumps on the same location on the other inner thigh/buttock but not quite as pronounced. It has felt like I am chafing when I have been walking lately (I had to get steroid injections for my chronic pelvic pain - hypogastric nerve block- 3 of them- so I’ve gained weight) could it just be chafing? But what about this massive purple spot? Plus my pelvic pain is pretty bad right now. Thanks.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: OB GYN
I am on amoxicillin for a sinus infection right now, started that 12/14. And everything is pretty itchy and it burns. But I do have constant chronic pelvic pain due to both interstitial cystitis and myofascial pelvic pain. I’ve never seen the bumps & the spot changed color & got bigger so scared me. How much longer do you think? I’m exhausted
12/21/2017
OB GYN Doctor: DocPhilMD, Doctor replied 4 months ago
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Thanks for this question

Do you have a picture of the area?

I am trying to take some, they are pretty close to the vagina opening so don't want them to be pornographic etc so one minute

No problem. I understand.

OB GYN Doctor: DocPhilMD, Doctor replied 3 months ago

just click send to reply

Dr. C.
Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified