OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

Try to conceive but my husband have low sperm count

Customer Question
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: OB GYN
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/21/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 5 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Since how long have you been trying for baby?

Were both of yours (husband and you) hormone tests normal?

3 years
II dt know exactly but is not the only who have issues

A male infertility need not just to look for the sperm count but other issues as following;

1) antisperm antibodies

2) Acrosin activity of the semen; associated with low sperm density, motility, poor normal morphology

3) Citric acid, zinc, alpha glutamyl transferase, and acid phosphates in semen

4) L-carnitine; associated with sperm maturation

5) DNA fragmentation

All these investigation will conclude for the abnormality and treatment can be directed towards it.

You may consider IVF (invitro fertilization or test tube baby where your ovum and your husband's sperms would be utilized) also.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions. It is privilege assisting you. Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating. The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.Thank you.Wishing you all the very best in life.http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl Merry Christmas.Happy Holidays.
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor