OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I am kind of shocked when I see your answers.The thing is I…

Customer Question
I am kind of shocked...
I am kind of shocked when I see your answers.The thing is I am older woman who is planning to get surgically removed my hymen...My hymen looks like partial yet thick .I started to involve in sexual activities in my early 20's yet stopped because of religious reasons & waited to do it with the right special.person & saved it for my marriage .However ,I have been through several & failed relationships & not yet married .I am in my late 30's
I finally now decided to get it removed & have a sex just to make a child with an ex boyfriend .Looks like that my hymen is thick & my ex suggested me to get it removed surgically .What you do advise me please ?
I urgently need your suggesyion & advice
Thank you in advance doctor
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: OB GYN
I moved to USA one year back & currently in DC/Maryland area
12/21/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar

Welcome and thank you for your question.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

If your hymen is thick and causing problems while having sex, it can be removed. This is a minor surgery and can be done in the office under local anaesthesia. You can go home within an hour of the surgery.

Surgery on the hymen causes minimal bleeding and the incision heals well without any obvious scar. You can have sex after 1 month of the surgery without any problem.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you.

Thank you for your response.However ,I read one of the experts saying ....surgical operation on the hymen causes a severe dysfunction on the sexual life so hymen should not be operated rather better if it is dilated With speculum.Can you please refer me to the a well experienced gyn surgeon for the operation ?What is the estimated cost of the surgery please ?Awaiting your responseThank you in advance
Is this correspondence visible to the public...if so please hide my name