OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I have burning and itching on my lips and outer area of my…

Customer Question
I have burning and...

I have burning and itching on my lips and outer area of my vulva especially at night

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the burning? Are you experiencing any other discomfort?

I've had it about a week. No UTI, no discharge or foul smell just very irritated

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: OB GYN
12/21/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Vakul Aren, Doctor replied 2 months ago
Dr. Vakul Aren

Hello, I am Dr. Aren and I will help with your query.Have you used any new perfumed soap/detergent/personal hygiene spray,talc recently?any history of unprotected sex?Ruling out Chlamydia,Trichomoniasis,Genital Herpes,fungal infections,and other STDs need to be ruled out.Severe anxiety,Diabetes,and thyroid disorders lichen planus may also cause vulval irritation.Identification of the root cause by your Gynaecologist and PCP will lead to specific therapy for the disease.Menopause and parasitic infections like Scabies may also cause such problems.

Dr. Vakul Aren
Dr. Vakul Aren
Dr. Vakul Aren, Doctor