OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

On December 7th I was experiencing a little bit of spotting…

Customer Question
On December 7th I...

On December 7th I was experiencing a little bit of spotting as if I was about to get my period. That evening I had unprotected sex for a little bit, and then my partner used a condom. However, the next morning I woke up with my period and experienced it for its cycle. Is there any possible way I should be worried about pregnancy?

Doctor's Assistant: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?

No pain I get my period irregularly In November I got it on the 17th, however in December I got it the 7th

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: OB GYN
12/21/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Richard Han, Board Certified MD replied 4 months ago
Richard Han
Richard Han, Board Certified MD

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is***** am a board-certified physician with over 15 years of clinical experience and I am happy to help you. Just to clarify, can you tell me please, when you say, "I had unprotected sex for a little bit, and then my partner used a condom" do you mean that he did not ejaculate until he had the condom on, correct?

Correct.
I don't believe he did, however just to be safe I wanted to know.

Thank you. Since you had intercourse essentially at the beginning of your period, then no, you do not have to be worried about pregnancy. You would not have ovulated again until about 2 weeks after December 7th, i.e. right about now, and even if he did introduce any sperm into your vagina at that time, none would have survived until now. So no, there's no real way you could be pregnant from sex on December 7th.

Can I answer any other questions for you?

If I've addressed your question and you are satisfied, please accept the answer by leaving a 5 star positive review. Thank you and have a great holiday and Happy New Year.

Richard Han
Richard Han
Richard Han, Board Certified MD