OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have been experiencing a weird feeling - kind of painful…

Customer Question
Hi! i have been...

Hi! i have been experiencing a weird feeling - kind of painful but not really in my lower left side abdomen. It is a bit swollen and I had a sharp pain in that spot during intercourse about a week ago. I think it is a cyst - but have been reading that it will go away on its own. My regular gyn is not answering the phone and I am not sure when I would be able to get in for an appointment. Just want to make sure it's not serious.

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

No recent injuries - swelling for probably a week - but I did have my period during some of that. Even still - I could tell it was more swollen on the left side.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: OB GYN
12/20/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 7 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Do you have tenderness on the area?

Any vaginal discharge?

Any bowel and bladder issues?

Tenderness, yes - no discharge or bowel/bladder issues.

Your symptoms can be due to;

1) Salpingo-oophoritis (inflammation of ovaries and fallopian tubes).

2) Ovarian cyst

3) Meckel's' diverticulitis.

You need an ultrasound and may be a course of antibiotic.

Following may help you meanwhile;

Motrin

Warm compresses.

I can assure you, this is not likely to be serious.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.Thanks for using Just Answer.
Thank you!

You are very welcome.

It is privilege assisting you. Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating. The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.Thank you.Wishing you all the very best in life.http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Just Answer is based on honor system. Experts are paid for time and expertise only when a positive rating is received.Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.Best wishes,

It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/

Stay blessed.

Merry Christmas.

Happy Holidays.