OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a lump in my labia. I noticed it about 8 years ago…

Customer Question
Hi, I have a lump...
Hi, I have a lump in my labia. I noticed it about 8 years ago and it has grown over time. It is larger now and has always been squishy and moveable and is not painful. My Pap smears have always been normal. I had hpv about 5 years ago but I don’t have it anymore. My obgyn has seen the lump every time I go in and she is sure that it is a lipoma and tells me it’s not a sarcoma. But she has never done a scan or biopsy. After all this time and because it has grown in size should I insist something else be done or just trust and be ok with what she tells me?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: OB GYN
12/20/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Pravin, Physician replied 7 months ago
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Physician

Hello

Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Medicine specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:

Do you have the photo of this lump >?

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

No I do not.

Thank you for the clarification.

From the history that you have mentioned , it is ok for your to be rest assured .

The lump that you mentioned does sound like a lipoma which are known to increase in size over years.

It does not sound like you have a liposarcoma because you would have presented with other symptoms like pain , discomfort.

If she is examining it annually that is safe and more than enough.

No need to get a scan or a biopsy

Regards

Dr Pravin

Thank you so much for your answer. It really does help to put my mind at ease.

I have released the rating service application on your page .

Please do leave me a feedback for my opinion provided.

Regards

Dr Pravin

Regards

Dr Pravin